Start Your Business

Are you considering starting or growing your business in the Town of Canmore?  Work through the tool below to guide you through key steps that every entrepreneur and business should consider.

Need extra assistance? The Economic Development Department is your local resource for business inquires and supports.

Contact Us

New occupants of a business property: Require a new fire inspection and occupancy load certificate. To book yours, click here. It is recommended to do so at minimum 30 days in advance of your anticipated opening date.

Health inspection: required for food and drink establishments and some personal health or care services. For more information, visit AHS online.

Restaurants: Require a grease trap (interceptor), and may be required to submit an annual maintenance schedule to Public Works. For more information, contact Public Works at 403.678.1580.

For other permits and requirements, click here.