Town of Canmore utility bills are mailed bi-monthly (once every 2 months) and include base rate charges for recycling, solid waste, metered water and wastewater services as well as charges for water actually consumed.  You can view your bill by logging into your 

Virtual Town Hall

Key Information About Your Utilities

Find out what options are available to make your utility payments

Make a Utility Payment

If you are selling your property, it is required that you or your lawyer request a final utility bill to the date-of-sale in order to close your account. Your utility account will be closed after the final bill is paid in full.

Complete the Online Request for Final Utility Bill

Remember to request a final utility bill if you are moving or selling a property.

Learn More

Receive your utility bills by email!

Enroll in e-Billing and Online Services

Change of Banking for your Pre-authorized Payment Plan 

If you are participating in the Tax Installment Payment Plan (TIPP) and/or the Pre-authorized Utility Payment Plan (PUPP) and would like to change your banking information you need to inform us, in writing, of this change and provide a new void cheque or Pre-Authorized Debit (PAD) form from your bank. Download the change of banking form.

Account Holder Changes. 

It is the owners' responsibility to keep their contact information with the Town of Canmore current. You can find the Change of Mailing address form here.

Recently Married or Divorced?

If the status of your name has changed, you must first register the change with the Alberta Land Titles office. The name(s) on your Town of Canmore tax and utility account will then be changed in due process.

Visit the Utilities Consumer Advocate website to compare electricity and gas prices in your area, view historical rates, or get help resolving water and energy utility related issues.

Water and Wastewater

Water and Wastewater utility operations for the Town of Canmore are provided by EPCOR Water Services Inc. under the terms of a performance based Utility Services Agreement. This agreement encompasses the full spectrum of utility operations including:
  • Water Distribution and Treatment
  • Utility Rates
  • Wastewater Collection and Treatment
  • Biosolids Management
  • Storm Water Drainage
  • Meter Reading, Billing and Account Management
  • Water Conservation
  • Water Loss Audit

Water to the Town is supplied by two main sources- a groundwater aquifer at Pumphouse 1 and the Rundle Forebay at Pumphouse 2.  Canmore also provides water to our neighbors in the MD of Bighorn. 

Canmore is serviced by a single wastewater treatment plant. The plant includes primary filtration, biological aerated filtration for secondary and tertiary treatment, and UV disinfection prior to discharging to the Bow River. 

Learn how you can help avoid sewer blockages and backups.

Contact the Utility Department

Utility Account Balance, Metering and Payment Inquiries:

Town of Canmore Utility Billing Department
Phone:  403.678.7134 Email:   water@canmore.ca 

Final Utility Bill Requests:

Online request form

Solid Waste & Recycling Services:

Town of Canmore Public Works Department
Phone:  403.678.1580 

24 Hour Water Service - EMERGENCY ONLY:

EPCOR Water Services
Phone:  403.609.6400