By Mail: You may send a cheque to the Town of Canmore to Town of Canmore, 902 7 Avenue, Canmore, Alberta T1W 3K1
- Please include your ticket number on the cheque. Post-dated cheques must be dated no later than the due date and must be postmarked on or before the due date.
In-Person/Call-In: To pay by phone call 403.678.1500.
Cash, cheque, and debit are accepted at:
Town of Canmore Civic Centre
902 7 Avenue
Pay Machine: Ticket payments can be made at any Town of Canmore pay machine 24 hours per day.
Drop Box: You may drop a sealed envelope with your payment and ticket number at the Town of Canmore Civic Centre, 902 7th Avenue (look for the drop box on the right-hand side of front entrance)
Accessible 24 hours per day
Parking tickets are not refundable once paid.
- Anyone who lives in Canmore is eligible to register their vehicle for a Canmore Resident Parking Permit
- A resident may register up to five vehicles (all vehicles must have vehicle registration in the resident's name)
- If your vehicle is not registered in Canmore you will have to show a registration matching the mailing address on the tax or utilities account for your property in Canmore
- If you are a homeowner or Canmore resident with a temporary rental vehicle, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your residency documents and vehicle rental agreement to confirm eligibility for a Canmore Resident Parking Permit
- We are only able to accept lease agreements for periods longer than three (3) months as proof of residency
- Residents who live on the Canmore Resident Parking Permit only streets surrounding paid parking zones can obtain guest parking permits for visiting friends or family to allow them to park on the street
- Residents will be required to register their vehicles annually for the Canmore Resident Parking Permit
- There are no costs for the Canmore Resident Parking Permits to eligible residents
- Residents with a Canmore Resident Parking Permit for their vehicle will have to pay if parking longer than three hours per day anywhere in the pay-parking zone
Guest parking permits are only available for residents who live in a resident-only parking zone to welcome visiting friends and family.
- Residents who live in a resident-only parking zone and have a registered account can obtain permits for visiting guests by signing in to their account,
- No monthly limit on guest parking permits, however only two guest parking permits can be used at a time per household,
- Each guest parking permit is valid for two weeks,
- Traffic laws apply – on-street vehicles must be moved within 72 hours.
Town Centre Monthly Parking Permit
Canmore residents with active Resident Parking Permits are eligible to purchase monthly parking passes for the town centre lots (see details below)
- Peak season rates (May 1 – Oct. 31): $83/month
- Low season rates (Nov. 1 – April 30): $41.50/month
Using Your Town Centre Monthly Permit: The monthly parking pass allows for all-day parking in the four parking lots shown in green in this map; it does not allow for all-day parking in any other area. Once you purchase this permit, you do not need to start a parking session when parking in one of these lots. If you are parking outside of one of these lots, or at Quarry Lake, you will need to start a parking session and use your three hours of time, allocated by your Canmore Resident Parking Permit.
Vehicles registered to a Canmore-based licensed business are eligible for a Canmore Resident Parking Permit.
Non-Resident Employee Parking Pass
Non-residents who are employees of a Canmore-based business can apply for a non-resident employee parking pass. These passes are only available during the low-season (Nov. 1 – April 30), and passes must be purchased monthly (recurring payments are not available).
- Peak season rates (May 1 – Oct. 31): not available
- Low season rates (Nov. 1 – April 30): $96/month
The monthly parking pass allows for all-day parking in the four parking lots shown in green in this map; it does not allow for all-day parking in any other area.
Paid Parking Locations
Paid parking in effect seven days per week from 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Green areas on this map are paid parking:
- Peak season rates (May 15 – Oct.14): $3/hour
- Low season rates (Oct. 15 – May 14): $2/hour
- Canmore Resident Parking Permit holders get up to 3 hours free in all paid zones per day (starting a parking session is required each time),
- Blue areas on map are free 9-hour parking,
- Red areas on map are Canmore Resident Parking Permit zones. Parking in these areas is only available to Canmore Resident Parking Permit holders,
- Accessible stalls and loading zones remain free.
Paid parking in effect seven days per week during park hours:
- Peak season rates (May 15 – Oct. 14): $10/two hours
- Low season rates (Oct. 15 – May 14): $2.50/hour