Other Permits and Licences

Other Permits and Requirements

Depending on the business, additional municipal, provincial, federal and sector-specific authorizations maybe needed. 

Use BizPal for a comprehensive list

If your vehicle is registered to your Canmore-based business and you have a valid business licence, you may qualify for a resident parking permit

Tradespeople whose vehicles are not registered in Canmore, but require on-street parking in the residential-only parking zone can be assigned a guest parking permit by the resident for whom they are performing work, should off-street parking such as their private driveway not be available.


Construction noise is permitted between 7 a.m. and 10 p.m. Monday to Saturday, and is prohibited Sundays and holidays. All construction occurring on Sundays and holidays requires written approval by the Town of Canmore. Visit Planning and Development for more information on building and development permits.

Noise Exemption Permit

As per the Community Standards Bylaw (2022-16) noise exemption permits may be granted for circumstances that are deemed impractical for the applicant to adhere to the bylaw. This includes construction activity on Sundays and/ or holidays, and planned noise between 10 p.m. and 7 a.m.  To apply, click here.

Prior to ordering any signs, refer to the signage standards and permit requirements.

If you are opening an automotive repair shop or dealership you must contact AMVIC and get approval. Contact: 877.979.8100 

For gaming, liquor, and cannabis permits and information, please contact the AGLC.

For electrical, gas, plumbing, and related permits, visit Alberta Safety Codes.