Busking is permitted only in approved areas between May 13 to Oct. 18, 2024 with a valid busking permit.
- Buskers must be over the age of 12. Any buskers under the age of 16 must have an adult accompany them while performing.
- Buskers must apply on an annual basis.
- Buskers must always carry their licence on their person, in paper or digital format, during their performances, and it must be supplied upon request of a Peace Officer. Failure to do so may result in a fine subject to the Business Registry Bylaw.
- Buskers are permitted to sell recordings of their own performance and can display them in their instrument case. Sale of other forms of merchandise is not permitted.
- Bagpipes, horns, and drum use are only permitted in the Elevation Place Plaza.
- Buskers must comply with the busking conditions. Please read carefully.
- Busking licence application form
- Parental or guardian consent, if applicable
- Review and acknowledgement of the busking conditions
Processing time: Average processing time of complete applications is up to 5 business days. This does not include payment and permit issuance.
- Busking is permitted only in approved areas which currently includes Elevation Place plaza, Friendship Park, Civic Centre Plaza, Riverside Park, and on the street outside of 820 Main Street (i.e. Rocky Mountain Soap Company). Buskers must comply with the busking conditions.
- Busking is permitted only in areas identified on the Town of Canmore locations map from 10:00 am to 8:00 pm, with the exception of Riverside Park where performances are permitted from 11:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- Busking operates on a first-come, first-served basis, and maximum performance duration of two hours per location. After performing for a maximum of two hours the busker must move to a different location and may not return to that location for the remainder of the day.
- Any busking done outside of these and other busking conditions, is subject to penalties, including but not limited to a financial fine, revoking of licence, and inability to apply for a licence in the following calendar year.
Business owners can request that the space outside of their business premises be added to the approved busking locations map.
How to make a request:
- Obtain letters/emails of support from your neighbouring street-facing business owners; if applicable, ground-floor, adjacent, overhead, and below. Letters of support or opposition must all be submitted. Letters are to include the name of the business, address, contact person, and position within the company, and if they support or oppose the request.
- Complete the application form
- Submit the application package including all decision letters by email or mail to the address listed.
Note: Submitting a request does not guarantee approval.