Busking is permitted only in approved areas between May 8 to Oct. 11 with a valid busking permit.
- Buskers must be over the age of 12. Any buskers under the age of 16 must have an adult accompany them while performing.
- Buskers must apply on an annual basis.
- Buskers must always carry their license on their person, in paper or digital format, during their performances, and it must be supplied upon request of a Peace Officer. Failure to do so may result in a fine subject to the Business Registry Bylaw.
- Buskers are permitted to sell recordings of their own performance and can display them in their instrument case. Sale of other forms of merchandise is not permitted.
- Bagpipes, horns, and drum use are only permitted in the Elevation Place Plaza.
- Buskers must comply with the busking conditions (see application package). Please read carefully.
1. Complete the application form and sign-off on having read, understood and accepted the busking terms and conditions.
- Busking license application form
- Parental or guardian consent, if applicable
- Acknowledgement of busking conditions; refer to the application form
Busking license fee: $32.50 for the current busking season
Processing time: Average processing time of complete applications is up to 5 business days. This does not include payment and permit issuance.
Note: Buskers must be over the age of 12. Any buskers under the age of 16 must have an adult accompany them while performing.
- Busking is permitted only in approved areas which currently includes Elevation Place plaza, Friendship Park, Civic Centre Plaza, Riverside Park, and on the street outside of 820 Main Street (i.e. Rocky Mountain Soap Company). Buskers must comply with the busking conditions.
- Busking is permitted only in areas identified on the Town of Canmore locations map from 10:00 am to 8:00 pm, with the exception of Riverside Park where performances are permitted from 11:00 am to 6:00 pm, from May 8 to Oct. 11.
- Busking operates on a first-come, first-served basis, and maximum performance duration of two hours per location. After performing for a maximum of two hours the busker must move to a different location and may not return to that location for the remainder of the day.
- Any busking done outside of these and other busking conditions, is subject to penalties, including but not limited to a financial fine, revoking of license, and inability to apply for a license in the following calendar year.
Business owners can request that the space outside of their business premises be added to the approved busking locations map.
How to make a request:
1. Obtain letters/emails of support from your neighbouring street-facing business owners; if applicable, ground-floor, adjacent, overhead, and below. Letters of support or opposition must all be submitted. Letters are to include the name of the business, address, contact person, and position within the company, and if they support or oppose the request.
2. Complete the application form
3. Submit the application package including all decision letters by email or mail to the address listed.
Note: Submitting a request does not guarantee approval.