Canmore Resident Parking Permits
When paid parking starts, you will need to start a parking session each time you park in a payment zone (note when parking in Canmore Resident Parking Permit only zones, you will NOT have to register your session). You will be able to do this in the following ways:
-From the comfort of your vehicle, using the Blinkay app,
-Using the nearest pay machine.
Residents with a Canmore Resident Parking Permit will be allowed three hours of free parking in all pay-parking zones in the Town Centre and at Quarry Lake, and up to 72 hours of continuous parking on resident-only parking streets.
- Anyone who lives in Canmore is eligible to register their vehicle for a Canmore Resident Parking Permit
- A resident may register up to five vehicles (all vehicles must have vehicle registration in the resident's name)
- If your vehicle is not registered in Canmore you will have to show a registration matching the mailing address on the tax or utilities account for your property in Canmore
- We are only able to accept lease agreements for periods longer than three (3) months as proof of residency
- Residents who live on the Canmore Resident Parking Permit only streets surrounding paid parking zones can obtain guest parking permits for visiting friends or family to allow them to park on the street
- Residents will be required to register their vehicles annually for the Canmore Resident Parking Permit
- There are no costs for the Canmore Resident Parking Permits to eligible residents
- Residents with a Canmore Resident Parking Permit for their vehicle will have to pay if parking longer than three hours per day anywhere in the pay-parking zone
Renew Your Canmore Resident Parking Permit
- Log in to the Town of Canmore Resident Parking Permit portal
- Ensure the status on the permit you would like to renew states ‘about to expire’.
- Click or tap ‘Apply for a new Resident Permit’ and follow the prompts to renew your permit. You will need to provide up-to date residency information, which may include any of the following:
- Your valid vehicle registration document, registered in your name
- A recent Town of Canmore Tax notice, Town of Canmore Tax assessment, or Town of Canmore utility bill
- Other documents with your name and address on them, such as recent internet bills, gas bills, or a current lease agreement
- Once you submit your permit for renewal, it will need to be approved. Your license plate will be credited with 3 hours of free parking at midnight the day after approval. You will receive an email when your permit has been approved.
Apply for Your Canmore Resident Parking Permit
To complete your registration you will need:
- A copy of your vehicle registration (driver's license or insurance documents are not accepted),
- If your vehicle is not registered in Canmore, you will need proof of residency in Canmore. Depending on permit type this may include a Town of Canmore property assessment or tax bill, Town of Canmore sewer/water/garbage bill, electricity or gas bill, internet bill, or a lease agreement.
To register for your Canmore Resident Parking Permit click here and you will be directed to our vendor website (Blinkay) to enter your information.
Guest Parking Permits
Guest parking permits are only available for residents who live in a resident-only parking zone to welcome visiting friends and family.
- Residents who live in a resident-only parking zone and have a registered account can obtain permits for visiting guests by signing in to their account,
- No monthly limit on guest parking permits, however only two guest parking permits can be used at a time per household,
- Each guest parking permit is valid for two weeks,
- Traffic laws apply – on-street vehicles must be moved within 72 hours.
Canmore Registered Businesses
- Vehicles registered to Canmore-based, licensed businesses are eligible for a Canmore Resident Parking Permit
- Tradespeople whose business vehicles are NOT registered in Canmore, but require on-street parking in the residential-only parking zone can be assigned a guest parking permit by the resident if off-street parking such as a private driveway is not available.
- To apply, click here
Resident Pass Parking Session Using the Blinkay App
Starting a Session
Then, use the buttons to select how much parking you would like to use. Residents with an approved resident’s pass qualify for three free hours of daily parking.
Any quantities upwards of three hours will result in a charge for the excess time. Once you have selected the desired amount of time, tap the pay button – this will indicate how much you will be charged, if at all.
Extending Your Session
Refunds are not issued for unused time. Please select the amount you wish to pay to avoid unwanted charges.
Users do not need to ‘stop’ or ‘end’ parking sessions – they will automatically expire after the selected time has lapsed. Please be sure to move your vehicle or extend your parking session when the time has lapsed.