Housing Action - Livability Task Force Recommendations Accepted
Council accepted the Livability Task Force's recommendations for planning purposes and directed administration to develop an implementation plan. The Task Force had three primary objectives:
- Develop a Plan to Phase Out the Tourist Home Designation
- Investigate tax options to incentivise long-term occupancy of residential units, and
- Investigate tax options to incentivise purpose-built rental accommodation.
You can read the recommendations and follow along for next steps on this webpage Housing Action: Town of Canmore
- Approved 2024 borrowing bylaws.
- Approved the allocation of space in the Protective Services Building located at 1021 Railway Avenue to the Bow Valley Regional Transit Services Commission.
- Heard a year-end report on their strategic plan goals.