What Is Happening
CP Rail is conducting essential repair work to the rail crossing to meet Transport Canada Regulations for the safety of pedestrians, motor vehicles, and trains. The timing or scope of this work is out of the control of the Town of Canmore. We know this will be disruptive to our downtown network, and we apologize for the delays. Thank you for your patience as CP Rail works to support the safety of our community. See map for details.
What You Need to Know
- The CP Rail crossing at A&W / Elevation Place will be closed Aug. 1 at 11 p.m. through Aug. 3 at 5 p.m. for essential rail repair.
- Railway Avenue will be closed to all through traffic between Bow Valley Trail and Main Street.
- There will be no vehicle, pedestrian, or cyclist access across the CP rail tracks at A&W / EP for the duration of the repair work.
- There will be local access only along Railway Avenue south of Main Street.
- Access to Elevation Place will remain open.
- Vehicles will detour via 17 St. or Spring Creek Drive.
- Pedestrians and cyclists will detour via Spring Creek Drive or Save-On / Spice Hut CP pedestrian crossing.
What You Can Do
- Expect delays and give yourself extra time to get around town.
- Take alternate routes.
- Walk or bike if possible.
- Exercise patience as CP completes this essential work for the safety of our community.
For questions or concerns, contact email@example.com, phone 403.678.1504