The Town of Canmore officially launched the planning process for an Area Redevelopment Plan (ARP) for Canmore’s Downtown to support the continued evolution and long-term vibrancy of the Town’s core.
The project’s name, Connect Downtown: Planning a Vibrant Town Centre, reflects the intent of the plan: to reimagine how people can access, gather, and interact with a network of public spaces to support a thriving mixed-use area over the long term.
Connect Downtown will span 18 months from public launch to completion with a final product — an ARP— that will explore a variety of interconnected topics and questions, including:
- What is the future function and role of Main Street?
- What is the look and feel of the public realm and open space network?
- Where is future development and what should it look?
- Are there opportunities to achieve more attainable housing?
- What is the future demand for services and infrastructure?
- What will the transportation network and transit system look like?
- How can the long-term demand and supply of parking be managed?