Enforcement Appeal Review Committee
- Review written orders, notices, or decisions issued under sections 545 and 546 of the Municipal Government Act.
- Hear appeals of written orders, notices or decisions issued pursuant to the following bylaws:
Animal Control Bylaw 10-2022 s. 31 Nuisance Dogs and s. 37 Vicious Dogs
Business Registry Bylaw 2015-02 s.10.1 Business licence is required or business license is refused, revoked, or suspended
Taxi Bylaw 13-2010 s. 45(b) Refuse to issue a licence and s.45(d) Cancel or suspend a licence
Apply for a review or appeal
- The subject of the order, notice, or decision
- The name of the person applying for a review or appeal
- The name of the person's agent, if any
- Mailing address to receive notifications
- Phone number
- Email address
- Reason for appeal
Requests for reviews of written orders issued under s. 546 of the Municipal Government Act must be submitted within 7 days after the order is received by the applicant.
All other requests for reviews or appeals must be submitted no later than 14 days after the written order or notice is received by the applicant.
The committee shall meet within 30 days of receiving the application. The chair must notify the applicant of the date of the review hearing at least seven days before the hearing. Meetings are held in public except where authorized by the Municipal Government Act to close a meeting to the public.
The committee consists of two members of Council, the General Manager of Municipal Services, and the Chief Administrative Officer. The Chief Administrative Officer is the chair of the meeting.
Mayor Sean Krausert
Councillor Jeff Hilstad
Chief Administrative Officer Sally Caudill
General Manager of Municipal Services Scott McKay