Major Event Grant
The Town of Canmore Major Event Grant Program provides funding to Canmore-based not-for-profit societies. Funding will support the planning and delivery of national and international events that elevate Canmore as a world-class destination, create awareness and promote regenerative tourism, and align with the Town’s livability, environment, relationship, and economic development goals.
Eligible applications will be reviewed and ranked by the internal administration Major Event Grant Selection Committee based on the evaluation criteria.
Applications that elevate Canmore as a world-class destination, support environment & sustainability, promote livability, build Right Relations and support the Town of Canmore and Economic Development objectives will receive higher scoring.
Click here to apply now!
Applications will be considered eligible if:
· The application adheres to relevant Town of Canmore Policies
· The application is complete, and is for one single event per application
· Application documentation is submitted before the posted deadline
· The Organization must be a legal, registered not-for-profit society
· The Organization has met the responsibilities of any previously provided Town of Canmore grant
· The Organization must demonstrate good financial standing
Applications will not be considered eligible if:
· The application does not adhere to relevant Town of Canmore policies Town of Canmore - Policies
· The application is incomplete
· Application documentation is submitted after the posted deadline
· The event is considered a local or community event and funded under the Major Events Grant Policy
· The Organization has not met the responsibilities of any previously provided Town of Canmore grant
· Elevates Canmore as a world-class destination
· Draws national and international participants, visitors, and media attention
· Showcases the best of what Canmore has to offer
· Offers an experience-based, authentic celebration of Canmore’s Mountain lifestyle
· Creates awareness and promotes regenerative tourism
· Aligns with the Town’s livability, environment, relationship, and economic development goals
· Multi-year events for a maximum of three years may be accepted
· Is accessible, inclusive, and affordable
· Promotes an inclusive and safe event, and
· Is relevant to the culture and identity of the community of Canmore
Environment and Sustainability
· Initiatives taken to reduce the environmental impact of the event, and
· Educates participants and spectators on ways that they can reduce their environmental impact
· Indicates how the event works to create a thriving destination that regenerates and heals resources
· Demonstrates a meaningful approach to living in Right Relations and inclusion of First Nations and Metis, and
· Works in partnership with the municipality, business community, and not-for-profit organizations to build mutually beneficial outcomes
· Has identified positive impacts on the local economy
· Economic criteria are considered more heavily outside of the high season (June-September, holidays)
Applications that meet all criteria of eligibility will be ranked higher.
Maximum funding available: $15,000 per year for a limit of three years for a maximum grant of $45,000. This is subject to ongoing budget approval.
For the Major Event Grant, events must be within the following industries: sports, arts, recreation, and culture.
· Description of grant allocation
· A copy of the Board-approved financial statement related to the event
· An Economic Impact Assessment of the event on the Canmore community, and
· High-resolution photo(s) of the event with consent to be shared publicly.
For multi-year funding agreements, the submission of an interim report one year after funding is approved which includes:
· An overview of monies spent to date
· A brief progress report, and
· If applicable, proof of successful big ad assignment to Canmore
For multi-year event agreements, the final report for each event will be due within X TIME of the completion of the event. Each final report must include:
· Description of grant allocation
· A copy of Board-approved financial statement related
· An Economic Impact Assessment on the Canmore community, and
· High-resolution photo(s) of the event with consent to be shared publicly
For more information on the Major Event Grant Program, see the Major Event Grant Policy ED-002.
· Funding has not been spent within the approved granted timeline,
· The applicant no longer meets the eligibility requirements set out in the Major Event Grant Policy ED-002, or
· Funding has not been spent on eligible expenses as outlined in the grant agreement