Town of Canmore

Who do I Call?

Make the Right Call

Call 9-1-1:
Call this number only when urgent police, fire, or ambulance service is needed (24 hours).

We urge you to call 911 when:

· You believe someone is in imminent danger
· You believe a specific crime is happening
· You believe something is suspicious
Call Fish & Wildlife Dispatch at 1.800.642.3800 or 403.591.7755:
·  Wildlife complaints
·  Wildlife on road
·  Bear in area
·  Injured wildlife
Use RCMP Online Reporting:
The Alberta RCMP has an Online Reporting website to assist citizens in reporting crimes rather than having to attend an RCMP detachment for lost or stolen items valued at less than $5,000, or vandalism to property or vehicles that will cost less than $5,000 to repair.   In order to report these incidents, there can be no known witnesses or suspects, the lost/stolen items can not include personal identification, firearms, licence plates, or decals and these incidents must have occurred in the Alberta RCMP jurisdiction. 
Call RCMP Complaint Line at 403.678.5516 For:
Call this number 24 hours a day to report new or recent crime, if you do not meet the criteria for using the Online Reporting website

· Break-ins or thefts where the suspect is gone
· Suspicious vehicle, person or activity
· Non-urgent cases where immediate police attendance is not crucial
· Driving complaints

For non-urgent situations, call the RCMP Administration Line during regular office hours.
Call the RCMP Administration Line at 403.678.5519:
· Information requests
· Investigation inquiries
· General inquiries
Visit the RCMP Detachment in Person to:
· Report a crime that happened some time ago.
· If you do not meet the criteria for using the Online Reporting website, you can report a motor vehicle collision where: 
· Damage to involved vehicles is over $2000 combined, or
· A driver or passenger sustained an injury related to the collision, or
· The collision was a hit and run
· To report vehicle collision, ensure you have your driver’s licence, the vehicle insurance, and registration.
· For details on the detachment, visit RCMP
Call Muncipal Enforcement at 403.678.4244 For:
·  Abandoned vehicles
·  Pet and domestic animal control
·  Lost and found items
·  Construction noise
·  Parking complaints
·  Noise complaints

You can also e-mail This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. (note this email is only monitored Monday to Friday between 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.) More information can be found at Protective Services and Municipal Enforcement
Call Crime Stoppers at 1.800.222.8477 (TIPS) For:
Call Crime Stoppers or use their online reporting software if you want a confidential means to report anonymously. Crime Stoppers is an independent not-for-profit organization that works with law enforcement agencies. 


The Town of Canmore is located within Treaty 7 region of Southern Alberta. In the spirit of respect, reciprocity and truth, we honour and acknowledge the Canmore area, known as “Chuwapchipchiyan Kudi Bi” (translated in Stoney Nakoda as “shooting at the willows”) and the traditional Treaty 7 territory and oral practices of the Îyârhe Nakoda (Stoney Nakoda) – comprised of the Bearspaw First Nation, Chiniki First Nation, and Goodstoney First Nation – as well as the Tsuut’ina First Nation and the Blackfoot Confederacy comprised of the Siksika, Piikani, Kainai. We acknowledge that this territory is home to the Métis Nation of Alberta, Region 3, within the historical Northwest Métis homeland. We acknowledge all Nations who live, work, and play and help us steward this land and honour and celebrate this territory. We commit to working to live in right relations and to advance Truth and Reconciliation.

Website Security Test